Parsippany Volunteer Ambulance Squad, Inc has been providing quality Emergency Medical Services since our founding in 1942. It is our mission to provide FREE emergency care to the sick and injured. We believe the best way to achieve this goal is to keep members active, trained and the best possible equipment.
- The squad initially served the entire town of Parsippany until 1952 when Fire District 5 started the Rockaway Neck First Aid Squad; currently we serve all areas except Lake Hiawatha section of Parsippany.
- The squad house, located at 397 Parsippany Road was originally only a two bay building. In 1975 the building was expanded to have a third bay. In the late 80's the front bays were dug down to allow for the bigger ambulances.
- All of the members, some of who may be your neighbors, dedicate their time to helping the community. All are certified in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and most are EMT (Emergency Medical Technicians) and defibrillator certified.
- Parsippany Volunteer Ambulance Squad has three fully equipped ambulances and a 1st Responder Truck. Each of the ambulances can accommodate up to three patients, two lying down and one sitting. The 1st Responder carries a sub-set of the ambulance equipment but does not carry patients. It is used to provide support to our ambulances and transportation for our members.
The following officers are elected annually by the active voting membership.
Administration: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
Operations: Captain, 1st Lt., 2nd Lt.
Financial: 5 Trustees
Member of the Sixth District of the New Jersey State First Aid Council
Member of the Morris County EMS Captains Alliance